This chocolate colored fudge is one of the most popular sweets of Uttarakhad, especially in the hill town of Almora.
- Khoya 1 Bag (1 kg)
- Sugar 1 Bag (1 kg)
- Sugar balls 250 Gram
- In a dry heated kadai, roast khoya. Stir continuously to avoid burning, and cook till browned.
- Add cane sugar and cook further till the mixture attains a chocolate brown color, stirring along.
- When done, spread on thali (large plate) which has been greased with oil.
- Allow to cool, then cut in rectangular shaped blocks.
- Roll the still warm blocks on a separate plate containing sugar balls, so that they are well coated with the balls.